Friday, April 22, 2016

22 April 2016

Well finally I did make it to the hostel. Sadly, we did have a casualty. That happened to be my checked luggage. So for the time being its dirty shirts and no hair product for this guy.

It was a real experience getting to fly first class. I before coach even begins to board, I had my first complementary drink, some cashiews and got a back massage that was embedded in my seat. I was asked by Jerome what I wanted for dinner and chose the lamb chops. I know I've already mentioned that, but I wanted to reiterate how that half lives, since on the flight after from London to Paris, I was presented with crab salad and duck confit on a bread.

When I made it to Aberdeen, I was very nervous since my plane landed at 7:55 and my train to Edinburg departed at 9:05. Coupled with the fact that my luggage didn't show up, I was a right mess. But again, great planning by me (sic) lead to me getting to the train station at 8:50, so I didn't even need to worry. Even more so, Jana and I met up and didn't really even get lost getting to the hotel. So I got to bed around 2:00am Scottish time. So now some shopping so I can wear fresh clothes and sightseeing! I am trying to figure out how to post photos so you will have to be patient in that regard! Sorry!!

 I might have figured it out. I am on my phone so don't judge. This was the option for my transatlantic flight for just the main courses. There were 4 other courses I enjoyed. And below is the "snack" I got on my way to Paris.



Finally, I wanted to show a picture that I found to be humorous. For background, in the UK there are a ton of rules and regulations evereytwhere dictating proper behavior, especially in public. While in the US, you can pretty much do what you want, here it's more important to be polite and not stick out. Anyway, when I arrived in Aberdeen, the first thing I saw reminded me of this.



Children should never be within one meter of the moving belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment