Sunday, January 13, 2013

13/01/13

Well it's complete. I am back in Europe and now I am almost fully situated in my room. The flights were long yesterday. It was just a lot of sitting and being tired. Since when I woke up Friday morning at 7:30, I have gotten probably a total of 6 hours of sleep. So I expect that I will be going to bed relatively shortly. The time difference from home is 5 hours, in case you were wondering.

When I got into Heathrow, I just felt disgusting. So I was quite self-conscious when I was being interrogated,  which right away I was treated to British hospitality (sarcasm). Getting on the tube wasn't too bad, just took an hour to get from the airport to my stop. My room is cozy. I share a room with a student named Griffin. His bed and mine are both lofted on opposite sides of the room with our desks under. The nice thing is that at the foot of each of our beds, there is a television and encompassing our beds are personal curtains to keep the sun out of my sleepy eyes. 

I spent more money today than anticipated but I also believe that is how the first week will go. Other than that, things are going quite well. I have not taken a picture yet because getting here was such a hassle and my luggage was a mess. Maybe tomorrow on our walking tour I will take some. Once the sleepiness wears off and I start becoming accustomed to the city, I think I will really enjoy it. Or not... but I think I will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment