Monday, January 21, 2013

21/1/13

When one goes to bed earlier than normal, one wakes up earlier sometimes. This morning, that happened to me. I set my alarm for 10:45 and at 10:15, I woke up and said "okay, I guess we are doing this." I got up and walked the two miles or so to the Museum of London. I enjoyed the museum a lot. It talked extensively about the Roman period and the Middle Ages, but it seemed to taper off at the end, with fewer exhibits about the modern era (post 1900). All in all, I did enjoy it, and most likely will go back before my time is up here. From there, I walked around a bit more, and took some photos off the Millennium Bridge, where you could see Tower Bridge in the distance. It was a gorgeous day for picture taking at the time when I was walking.

This evening, we went to a play. It was called "39 Steps" and only had a cast of four. They switched characters a lot and it was quite a funny show. I found out that during the interval (intermission) of plays, it is customary to munch on some ice cream. I thought that was a funny custom. However, I did it and I quite enjoy ice cream, so no complaints from me.

Now I am just finishing up some paperwork and other daily things, I will go over some work for tomorrow and then head to bed to be chipper for my first day at my internship! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment