Sunday, January 20, 2013

20/1/13

I made the decision that today would be a lazy day. I woke up around noon and watched Top Gear. I am considering looking into tickets to go to a taping of the show. I think that would be amazing. Once I got out of bed and showered, I met Joe and Matt at the pub down the road. There, we watched the Chelsea/Arsenal football match and talked a little bit. It is funny because when you go to pubs during the week, there is a solid mix of genders, but today, it was about 90% men and the few women who were there were huddled in corners.

By the way, it was snowing again, which really put a damper on London. I think it is lovely though. It makes the city absolutely stunning.

From there we left and walked down to the London pub, which is right across the road from our dorms. We all got fish and chips for a late afternoon lunch; it was relatively cheap at 6.50 a piece. Then we walked over to this pub attached to the Holiday Inn. It was during the Manchester United/Tottenham match. Luckily it was a Man U heavy crowd, so I could cheer a bit. When we walked in, it was packed but Joe found us seats right next to the tv on a bench next to this older man. When we sat down, everyone at the other side of the pub started jeering at us (they knew the old man) and they kept calling us the "four amigos." It was quite funny. Manchester didn't end up winning, but for a consolation, and American scored the tying goal for Tottenham.

After, we all went home and I went to my room to plan out my semester. I have everything tentatively planned, which makes me feel good. I was interrupted by a skype phone call from mom. It was nice taking to her and we planned her trip to see me a little more. Now I am off to bed so I can wake up early and explore a lot tomorrow.

Sorry there are no pictures by the way. For consolation, here is a video that we watched in class on Friday about cheap traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment