Tuesday, January 22, 2013

22/1/13

Today was my first day at my internship. I walked with Thomas, another kid who will be working there, but not with me, and he took us a different way. We took the Tube from Kings Cross to Old Street, then walked the rest of the way there. It was slightly quicker but tomorrow I am taking him on the bus, which involves less walking, which is nice in the cold English weather (joke, I know you guys are at like -75). Once I got to work, my boss was not feeling well, so she left at noon. By the way, I don't have to be there until 10:30. Once she left, I was tasked with doing budgeting items. Basically, I made a spreadsheet for the duration of my day. Thomas and I got lunch around 1, which consisted of a very nice Ruben, which was extremely large for 6 Pounds. I left at 5, which I figured was good enough because I finished everything.

NOTE: Kings Cross is quite busy at 9:30 and 5:00. I guess because a lot of people are getting out of work. But just wanted to let you know.

After, I went to the kitchen to make spaghetti. It took a while for the water to boil. but it did eventually. I actually spent about 2 hours in the kitchen just talking to Matt and Leah. It was nice. We discussed our plans for tomorrow night for the football game. However, we also discussed how we are getting old because we are discussing what our plans are for after our 9 to 5, how we need to relax a little before going anywhere. Just a little comical. Now I am off for some relaxation and probably some television before another early night of bed. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment