Monday, January 14, 2013

14/1/13 (Updated)

I took a shower today. First one since I left and it felt great. It was so good in fact, that I plan on taking one tomorrow too!

We had orientation today and we got a crash course on how to survive the next few months. It was good and we got a free lunch. I took a sandwich piece containing something. I have decided that it was tuna fish and corn, which I thought was a weird combination. Anyways, from there I went back to the room and then we went on a short walking tour of the area. It was short because it was snowing and raining and who wants to be out in the snow and rain? They said that snow is not normal, so when it does snow, the city shuts down. After the short walk, we went to the British Museum. I anticipate going back at least three or four times, maybe more, just to see everything. There was literally a facade of an old Greek building in the museum and that was only one room. I also got to see a mummy. I was a tad disappointed because for some reason, I thought that the mummy would be white, and wrapped up like a real mummy. Instead, it was like a dark brown and kind of gross.

We stopped for a pint afterwards which the director bought for all of us. It was fun but real warm in the pub. From there, I explored the city with Joe. Then, once I returned home, explored the city with a bunch of the girls. We all were on a mission to get cellphones. I was lucky to have them because I didn't care enough to ask questions or try very hard. But I now have a top of the line phone, that was quite expensive. In total, it cost 25 Pounds, but I need it so I guess its worth it. My spreadsheet is coming in handy, and I expect when I have more time, I will be able to develop it into something marvelous.

That is about it for today. Tomorrow I am off to my individual advising meeting then something else I think. I am not sure. But either way it should be interesting.

**After I wrote this, I went with my some of the girls I met in the program and my roommate to one of the girl's friend's flat (sorry if that sounded confusing). There, we met up with some British kids and some Americans and it was a decent time. We got to telling stories from home and comparing the two countries. Note: In the UK, they usually eat their chips (fries) with ketchup but mayonnaise is acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment