Wednesday, February 13, 2013

12/2/13

Hey guys,

So yesterday I got up early to go to a conference.  I got to take the Tube into Liverpool Street Station, which is one of the main train stations in London. I got there early so I grabbed a newspaper and read it, which people watching. I was freezing. But eventually, I got to the conference and it was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about financial planning and blah blah blah.

Afterwards, I stopped at the Whitechappel Museum. It is a contemporary art museum, which means that it makes no complete sense besides... art. The first room was a tree, hollowed out and painted gold on the inside. Ok, reasonable. But the next room just had a bunch of televisions... like thirty, all playing the same video, at different time intervals, talking about sex. I don't know how that is art... but yeah. I did enjoy it though, and there were a lot of cute girls. None of which I talked to because the art was too mentally stimulating to even think about girls [sic].

Then I decided to walk home... and got lost. What I mean by getting lost is that I made a 45 minute walk a one hour forty five minute walk through all facets of London: The city part, the East End part, Islington, until finally I got somewhere that I recognized. I made it home and went to ULU to watch the Champions League. It was such a poorly officiated match, Fifa should be ashamed. So we left upset and that was my day. As I am writing this, I am getting ready to go exploring because my boss called in sick, which means I do not have to work. I am going to check out a few things and museums and by back by 7 to Manchester United!. I will tell you about my day (WITH PICTURES. I REALLY WILL THIS TIME) when I get home tonight.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment