Monday, February 4, 2013

4/2/13

Something that I have learned about being on my own is how I classify days as a waste. What I intended to do, once I found out that I have Mondays free, is to explore a different part of London. However, today I woke up at 10:45... said no way and snoozed until 11:15. Then I got on my trusty computer and watched an hour of Superbowl commercials. After skyping with Jen, I went to work on my homework.You can see that below this post. If you notice on the right, there are numbers (which represent the date, in case that wasn't obvious) and then there are words. The words are assignments that I have to do for classes. So feel free to skip those if you don't feel like reading the boring school stuff.

Anyways, back to my story, after I finished homework, I skyped Grandma Connie and Pa. I was glad that they got it to work, and hopefully I will call back again soon. Then after a shower, I tried going to Store Street to pay for my HOST visit. So Megan and I went into the bookstore down the street, which, come to find out, is a very prominent pagan bookstore. It was very interesting.

So I came back to my house and sat on the computer a while more, figuring out things for when mom comes. I ended up buying tickets for us to see Les Miserables. So that should be a lot of fun. I also bought a student card for the train system, so that should save me money when I travel to other places in England. I then decided I needed to do something, so I left and went for a walk.

I tried walking just to Oxford Circus and Piccadilly, but I got lost and ended up walking around for about two hours. It was an interesting walk, being that I ended up in Berkeley. Why this is important is that I saw some vehicles in shops, and they were some of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. I passed a Porsche, Audi, Lotus, Bentley, and Rolls Royce dealership.

This car costs 400,000 Pounds (including VAT taxes)
On my way back, I went through Piccadilly Circus, and I am not sure if I showed Poppy this, but hey-- Here is a quick photo of Piccadilly Circus, which is about a fifteen minute walk from my room. I'll be sure to have mom take lots of photos to show you home.

Then I went back home after my two hour walk, to find everyone in the lounge. So I went over with Joey, Alyssa, and Tayler, who are working on planning our trip to Paris. So I helped with that as little as I could, but was there for support. I think most of it is all planned, so that will be super exciting. Then I made dinner and here I am, getting ready to shave then go to sleep.

Now, back to the part where I was discussing wasted days. It is hard to think that I am in London, like the capital Europe. I could go see anything I wanted to. Honestly, I could have had lunch in Brussels, dinner in Paris and made it here to write home. That would have been a full day. But I don't think I wasted a day sitting here, doing research, taking a short walk and planning a trip with friends. It is difficult though because I wanted to do more. I usually go to bed with the anticipation of 1) sleep and 2) [more importantly] being able to wake up in this marvelous city to honestly see what happens. I don't know, besides work, what I will do tomorrow. I may see the queen. Who knows? All that is certain though is that I have decided that days are no longer wasted just because I sat for most of it, doing things on my computer. They are even necessary for planning ever better trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment