Tuesday, February 26, 2013

26/2/13

25/2

Once I got out of bed around 9, I started doing work for my internship. I worked on apportioning costs between centers, and then made an outline for a web brief, which is basically tells a computer programmer how we want our website to be. It seemed to go well, but I didn't finish with it until 11:30, so a solid two and a half hours of work. After that, I decided to go for a walk because I was feeling pretty cramped up in my room.

I walked down to Fleet Street, which is a real nice street. It is busy, but it is also old and has a lot of interesting buildings on it. It is interesting because you can really tell who the Londoners are and who are just here for a holiday. Once I made it to St. Paul's, I looked on a map for something to do. I followed the arrow to the Tate Modern, which is a modern art museum. It is housed in an old electrical company factory and it had a pretty extensive collection. I was iffy about most of the art there because modern art is either a home run or absolutely terrible. There was one exception: Monet. I have decided that he is one of my favorite artists, and they had one of his Lily Pad paintings. Monet's Lily Pads are my favorite collection of works and it was very nice to see another version of the many that there are in Paris. I got tired though so I walked back to my room to rejuvenate before another expedition.

At 6, Matt and I left to go meet Joey in Zone 3. It was about a 50 minute tube ride. We were meeting him out there because he got us tickets to go see West Ham play Tottenham (Matt's favorite team). It was a completely different atmosphere than the Chelsea game was. The West Ham fans (home) were quite hostile towards the Tottenham fans. As we walked into the stadium, the players were just starting to walk out. What that means is that the entire stadium had to start singing their theme song: bubbles. It was wild. Here is a video of the fans singing!

Andy Carroll scored on this penalty kick


Taking the free kick was Gareth Bale, who has 1 goal less than Ronaldo
and 2 goals less than Messi in all competitions. He is spectacular.

The corner kick delivered by West Ham. 

When we left, the entire stadium was livid being that West Ham lost in the 89th minute. This one guy was yelling outside the stadium "I am so angry." It was honestly a little comical. But we couldn't laugh or talk because we would have gotten beat up. Matt couldn't even cheer for Tottenham. It was a much harder London than what we are used to. It was a great experience and I am so glad that we did it.

26/2

I took the bus to work today, and I realized that I really like the bus. When it is not busy, it is nice just to look out the window and seeing everything and places that I want to visit. When I got to work, I was sent to working on the reconciliations. I will talk about them more later in the week in my internship blog (Warning: it is quite boring). I did get some pizza for lunch today. The first bite burned my mouth. Yeah! However, after that, it was delicious, with oregano, ham, and onions. It was a huge pizza, so I took half of it home to eat for dinner. Now, I think I will read some and plan my adventures for tomorrow (basically work and ULU because we haven't seen Brian in a while). Hope you all keep warm at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment