Friday, March 1, 2013

1/3/13

27/2

So my boss changed her schedule and now wants me to come in at 9:30 instead of 10:30, which isn't too bad. However, the bus to get to worked is packed for half of it. That means that I have to stand like right next to the bus driver for about 5 minutes. It is so stressful because it looks like we are going to hit everything, from cars to the sidewalk and especially bicyclists. Eventually, I do make my way back up to the top of the bus, where I just look out at the everything.

My boss brought me out to lunch. We went to this place to get some Vietnamese food. I had some sort of prawn rice roll and some Shanghai noodles with ham and shrimp. It was surprisingly good, but I had to use chop sticks. So that might be somewhere to avoid with mom (hahah I don't know if she can use them).

After work (I got out at 7:00), I went to ULU to watch a game. However, there was no game on, so we just got a drink and sat and talked for about two hours. We left and I wanted some dinner, so I broke off from the group and started looking for a place that sold kebabs. I walked around for an hour, and found not one place that sold a kebab. I made it home around 11:30, miserable and just had a sandwich instead. I am now on a hunt for a kebab, which I will get before the weekend is over.

28/2

Again, Thursdays are full of classes. We learned about sport this week, so that wasn't too bad. A lot of the conversation in seminar was comparing American and British views on sports, like national teams, who follows which sports, what specific sport fans are stereotyped as and things like that. It was quite interesting.

For religion we had to go to the Jewish Museum. It cost a fiver, which was terrible because most museums are free, but it had a very extensive collection. I learned a lot about the Jews from about the 1300s until the 1940s in Britain. Come to find out, they were expelled in 1295 and not re-allowed to enter until the 1650s. Also, I learned what professions they had in London, which usually were low-skilled ones because they were not allowed to join unions or guilds at the time.

Once I made it home, I worked on some more stuff for my internship. I had to make a new budget, which took about two and a half hours, but I finished at 7:30. Leah had some friends up from Spain, so we went out to dinner with them. We went to a pub and got pub food. I ended up getting a steak and ale pie with mashed potatoes. It was delicious and really filled me up. I am assuming one night that will be mom's dinner when she comes because it is literally steak and potatoes, which is her favorite and I expect she will be a little sick of trying food that she literally doesn't know what any of it is. After that we came home and watched half of a movie. We were all falling asleep so we decided not to watch it all and I was sleeping by 12:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment