Sunday, March 31, 2013

31/3/13

Day 3 with Mom and Grandma

Status: Better than yesterday

It is funny. It is sometimes hard to deal with these two. What I mean by that is that I have figured out life and they argue and then I argue. It has literally been so much fun though! Because at the end, we just tell each other to stop arguing and we do. Apart from slight disagreements, everything has run perfectly and it is like we haven't missed a step from each other. 

This morning we went to the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace. We got there early and got stands (get it? Like seats only we were standing) right against the fence. They were pretty all right stands. Mom got some great photos and I took photo's with grandma's camera. It lasted quite a while. One part that really confused us though was the part where the band started playing. They were the military band, in all the pageantry and they started playing a selected medley of Disney songs. They were "I Just Can't Wait to be King" and one that I can't quite remember by Elton John. 

We left a little early because we were all more than cold. We walked down the parade route towards Trafalgar Square. There, we popped inside of the National Gallery Cafe for a light lunch. Mom and I got scones and Grandma and I got tea (Grandma also got yogurt). We had some clotted cream on the scones. SO TASTY! We then went in and just saw some of my favorite paintings-- Monet's Lillypads; we also saw Van Gogh's Sunflowers 

These
After, we went and saw the National Portrait Gallery. Mom wanted to see the painting of the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate. 

Blah

We explored the West End more, specifically Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, and towards Covent Garden (but not Covent Garden). Mom and Grandma got some gifts at Cool Britannia, a giant tourist store. They both had a lot of fun just wandering and shopping. I will not spoil the surprises though :-X

After a quick nap by Mom and Grandma, we went to Drury Lane (like in the Muffin Man) to a Taylor Walker Pub. Mom and Grandma got a traditional roast and I got some bangers and mash. They both seemed to like it a lot. Grandma had a English beer, which she said was good. Mom and I had two drinks each and we ended up sitting there about 2 and a half hours. So that is good practice for when we go to Paris and dinner lasts about 3 hours. 

I put them to bed and hopefully they are well rested for tomorrow, so they don't fall asleep on the road like a bum! I think they will be very happy when they get home and everyone they come into contact with speaks good, proper English. 

Cheers, and I hope you all had a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment