Thursday, March 7, 2013

7/3/13

Well, I still feel quiet down, but my laundry is in so I will try my best to get you caught up on my life here.

Tuesday 5/3

I went into work on Tuesday, and ended up getting a nice lunch by myself at the cafe by work. I ended up getting a prawn salad sandwich. The best part about it was that it was about 60 degrees and absolutely lovely. I ate it outside in the garden. It made my day. I also got to leave work early because we had an event that I had to go to.

At 5:15 I made it to Store Street, where there was pizza and perspective students from Barton College in North Carolina. So we did a meet and greet with them and rotated around the building answering their questions and telling them about our experiences. At 6:30, we left to head to south London. We  had tickets to a football match that the program made us go to. No complaints from this end.


Our seats were amazing. Like when I say amazing, I mean, we were sitting in the front row. Like no one was in front of me at all.

Going off of that, the teams we were watching are numbers 2 and 3 in the league. It is one league under the top league, so it was still good football. The biggest draw was a midfielder for Crystal Palace. His name is Wilfried Zaha and he was quite good. He actually signed a contract so that at the end of this year, he will go play for Manchester United, one of the best teams in Europe. So next year when he goes on ESPN, I can say that I have seen him in person and up close. Close enough to yell at and for him to hear me.

Wednesday 6/3

I went to work again, so nothing changed there. I did get an extended lunch though because there was a meeting for the whole charity that I wasn't invited to because it had to deal with a lot of personal HR things. So I went and got some Vietnamese food again because why not. My lunch was about an hour and a half long. I ended up leaving work at 6:30. Then, we went to ULU to watch the football match. It was a little boring, but it was nice to talk to everyone.

I was exhausted though, so I went to bed at about 11:45. I haven't been able to sleep well at all lately, because of my cold. So hopefully tonight I will sleep better.

Thursday 7/3

Instead of work, I got to go to class. I had to give a short report on what I do at my internship, so I did that as quickly as I could because I didn't want to do a lot of talking as stuffed up as I am. During seminar,  I didn't participate much because my head was too full of pressure. So I walked home and couldn't take a nap because I couldn't fall asleep.

In Religion class, we moved on to Hinduism. It was quite interesting, being that some sects of Hindus deal with decadence like feasts and bright colors, something that western religions usually stay away from. After class, I went to this bookshop to buy a book. This bookshop was in a basement, with books thrown everywhere. It was amazing, confusing and great all in one. I bought The Hobbit, so I will read that this weekend. I am very excited.

Then I went down to Piccadilly Circus to go and buy my HOST family some jams as a gift for letting me stay with them this weekend. So I leave tomorrow at noon or something that that. I don't know if I will have any internet access, so you are aware. I will be home Sunday around 7 I think. I will check my tickets before going to bed. Just don't want to miss the train. It should be a great experience and I will tell you all about it Sunday night. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment