Thursday, March 28, 2013

29/3/13

Hello!

27/3

So you know, I was exhausted all throughout the day. I made it to work on time and got straight to work on the website. I answered a few emails and then got in touch with some potential vendors. I finished all of that around 1:00, where then I started working on finding a new phone contract.

Phone contracts here are weird. You pay to rent a the phone line. Then you pay for each call you make, usually a connection fee plus a pence per minute fee. So it is hard to really find a cheaper line because I have had to do some analysis on the types of phone calls we make (ya... there is 4 different types or so, charging different rates... it's an awful system) and I did not finish this Tuesday. I left work around 6:15, went home and did nothing. I think I was sleeping by 11:30

28/3

Work was pretty much the same today. Except I spent more time working on the phone contracts and I tried breaking it down, failed of course but tried. I did get to leave at 3:30 though because I had a meeting with a web designer at 4:00 at a coffee shop near Old Street Station. The meeting was interesting but I am not sure how it went. I mean, I know she was pitching me the idea, so it was nice being in the controlling seat, but now I have to make a decision, which I don't know what I want to do. I will end up making a decision late next week, so that will be quite exciting.

After work, I met up with Nicole and we tried finding a coffee near Chancery Lane. It was nearly impossible. Everything closed at 6:00, and we were looking at around 5:45. We ended up finding a place and staying and talking about an hour or so. It was really nice and we had a lot of good laughs. I got home around 7:30, so that wasn't too terrible.

At 8:30, we went to The Swan for some drinks. We had a group of 5 of us, so it was a nice, manageable group. We talked and again made lots of jokes, so it was a nice way to usher in a holiday (sort of, we still had one class)

29/3

I got a free porridge at McDonald's, so I scooped that up this morning. Then I went to the Tower of London because it was a compulsory event. It was much better than anticipated! We got a tour from a Beefeater, and he was hilarious. It is actually one of the most prestigious ranks you can achieve in the British military.

The White Tower- When this was used as a castle, this is where the King stayed


Sometimes you need a dragon made of armour.

The closest picture I could get to the Crown Jewels
After the tour, we got in the queue to go to the Crown Jewels. Once we did get to see them (the queue was long but moved very fast) we were amazed. They were truly fantastic. Just so ornate and beautiful! The main diamond was about 590 karats... so that was impressive. We were not allowed to take pictures in there.. or else we go to prison, so look it up on google.

After that, I had to leave early to make class at 2:00. I took the tube and made it there at 1:58. I was still so tired, I almost fell asleep during the movie. I felt bad. Once I got home, I laid down for an hour and then worked on work. I sent a bunch of emails for work... then for school. I got an email saying that I was chosen for an interview with Ernst and Young for their summer leadership program. I will keep my fingers crossed that it goes well. I find out about PwC tomorrow I hope. Other than that, now I am cleaning because mom comes tomorrow, so I need to be at Heathrow at 8:00. I guess I should go to bed now. Talk to you tomorrow!

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment