Monday, March 18, 2013

Internship Journal Week 8

Luckily, things are becoming a little more atypical again, which I am come to enjoy. It really breaks up the monotony of work by getting up, going places, meeting people, and coming back to check emails. By doing everything, time flies by and you really feel accomplished after work.

On Tuesday, I showed up again at 9.30. After responding to some emails, we discussed the budget. We decided, after now about 5 or so weeks of thinking, that we just aren't going to apportion any of the costs besides what we have decided (1/5, 1/5, 3/5). This was decided because Karina talked to an accountant and she thought it was better not to. So with that, I deleted those pages. Then, I went and reconciled the current account. I reconciled it against everything  I put in for the Month of February. Once that was reconciled, I printed out a budget vs actual variance. With that report, I looked at our budget and put the final touches on it. Then I gave it to Karina, who changed one or two things (mainly for printing issues) and one I put that across the 4 sheets, I finished with it. In the afternoon, I worked a little on research for a venue for a seminar which Karina is chairing. I didn't get too far, and she kept inturrupting me with things to do (like go to the National Theatre and etc). No worries though. I left a little later though, so that was a little annoying, but I needed to finish a few things. I left around 7.10. I took the 242 bus home, which goes through the city but still drops me off at Holburn. It was nice changing up the routine, but it is quite annoying passing Liverpool Street Station, being it is so busy constantly.

Wednesday, when I got to work, Karina said she would be a little late. So I headed to the bakers and got some bread pudding. It was delicious. I ate it outside, so it was quite cold, but the food was filling so no worries there. At noon, we had a meeting with two women. I am not quite sure the purpose of the meeting, but I think it was to discuss getting a new trustee, along with helping with some networking things. the one girl was from America, so that was nice hearing that accent. I could pick out her California accent right away. In the afternoon, I talked to a web designer to get a quote. However, it was for naught, because their prices were too high


As I was finishing this, I was told that we didn't have to continue doing these after 28/2. So I am going to leave this unfinished. Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment