Saturday, March 30, 2013

30/3/13

Day 2 with Mom and Grandma

Status: Still good.

The nice thing about having everyone on holiday is that you can get to bed a little earlier. I met them at 9:00, with the adapter so grandma could do her hair. I had a biscuit and some tea while we waited.

They both told me that they wanted to go to see the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, so I obliged them. The only problem was the guards didn't. During the winter, they only change the guards every over day. Today was an off day. So we will be going back tomorrow, hopefully early to get a good viewing point.

So we then took a bus down to wait in line for the London Eye. I would recommend that if you go to the eye, buy your tickets online, to save waiting in the queue. Nevertheless, we eventually made it to the Eye, which they both loved. It was great seeing their faces as they looked upon the entire city. I told them about the different sites, where we have been, where we will go, and places that I have been and won't take them. In the queue, we meet an Australian lady who was super nice and I talked to for a while, and a French lady with whom I also spoke.

The crowds were terrible on the walkway to the bridge, but we mustered through. Mom took some great photos of the Eye, Big Ben, and Parliament. Then, we got on the bus, went through some of the West End sights, like Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus up to Camden Market. It was extremely cold again, but that didn't deter us. Grandma got what we have deemed (we as in my friends and I) deemed the best Fish and Chips in the city. Mom got some Macaroni and Cheese with 4 cheese and peppers I believe. Myself, I got a burger. This was not a normal burger though-- It was a camel burger. So now I have eaten camel. So you know.

We went back to the hotel for a rest because mom and grandma were quite exhausted. I had three pots of tea while they slept. At 6:45, we boarded a bus for Whitechappel, in the East End. Now why would I bring them to the East End at night? Am I crazy? A bit. But we needed to go to Tayyabs! If you recall, I wrote about it before. It was the Pakistani barbecue. Surprisingly, they both actually enjoyed it (I think). we got two types of lamb, two types of chicken, bread and lentils. They both gave it an 8 out of 10, which I think they were just being nice, but it still made me feel good!

Finally, we stopped on Holburn at a pub for some dessert. Mom and I shared a piece of chocolate cake with ice cream and hot fudge. It was amazing. I have had it before, but I loved it and wanted it again. We ate quick though because grandma was falling asleep at the table (typical grandma). It was a lovely day.

I hope that everyone at home has a wonderful Easter. I honestly would love to be home to spend the weekend with everyone. I will sorely miss Grandma's ham and seeing everyone. I really miss talking to everyone, telling stories and hearing them. I will be home soon enough though. Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment