Monday, June 18, 2012

18/6/12

Well I now have the answer to the most important question of all of history. Literally. I now know why Mona Lisa is smiling. That is the big thing I took away from class today. We even got to get out 15 minutes early, which, after 4 hours and 45 minutes of class, is not that much. We then went to the Abbaye aux Dames. It had some beautiful art and when we went, some "priests in training" (I can't think of the word... guys in the seminary) started chanting. It was really neat to hear. Then we went to watch the football match between Ireland and Italy... but it started at 8:30 and we went at 6:00... so we ended up walking back to school for dinner (which was the first disappointing meal of the trip). Then, everyone parted ways, and I realized that I didn't have any bread for the morning. So I walked to Monoprix (a department store about 20 minutes or so away) and got something.. It is like a bread but I am not sure what else. So some sort of pastry. Tomorrow I will be sure to go to my usual bakery. The walk was really nice but brisk. It seems that this city is in a circle too because getting lost is really complicated to do. Maybe Sunday on my free day I will get lost. Also, another beautiful day without rain (We are overdue). I hope you all are having a great Monday and I will have great pictures of the beaches of Normandy probably Wednesday night or Thursday... so be on the lookout for those.




Here is a picture of the Abbeye. I made sure to get a shot of the organ for Mez. I wasn't too impressed... but I also don't really know organs like he does. 


No comments:

Post a Comment