Monday, June 11, 2012

11/6/12

So once my computer died, I ended up boarding the plane sometime later. On the plane, I watched half of 21 Jump street (Rory and Mez, I would recommend it to you; it was funny) and Act of Valor. Both were quality movies. It was so surreal to watch the sun set over Nova Scotia, then get mad because you cannot sleep on an airplane, then fall asleep, and finally, wake up to watch the sunrise over Ireland and Great Britain. 


Here is a picture of the sun setting over Canada.

Canada was pouring by the time we arrived. And by Canada, I mean France. After squirming our way through the throngs of Japanese people who arrived from Tokyo, we got in a van and rode to Caen. I slept most of the way, which lead to my feet falling asleep (which sucks because of the tingly feeling you get when you wake up) and some of the stiffest necks I have had in a while. 

My room is pretty nice. I have a bathroom and a bed, so that's good enough. 

After walking around the city for a bit, we went out to dinner.  I figured, might as well go all in on the first night, so I ordered Tripe a la carte de Caen. This consisted of Tripe, Potatoes, Carrots, Onions in a broth. The bowl was big enough for 3 people, so I felt guilty when I didn't finish it all. Also, did you know that tripe is INTESTINE?! Ya, well I didn't until I all ready made up my mind so I had to eat it, but my goodness. Who says, I am so hungry, I am going to cut open an animal, fish out the grossest part of the animal, then boil it to eat. Someone was just being an jerk one day, ate it, and an idiot misconstrued it as tradition-- voila, French Cuisine. I may go for a walk soon, but for now, I am just going to watch the sun lazily float down to below the horizon out my balcony listing to tune.

Oh yea--Mind Blown


No comments:

Post a Comment