Tuesday, June 12, 2012

12/6/12

My first day of classes was a success. I woke and made it there by 8:45, the time I must wake Monday through Friday. Its not too bad though because I get a chance to take a nap after break. Class was interesting. I say this because throughout the entire class and even after, I understood about 70% of what the people were saying. I guess that's a good thing, but they were also talking a little slower than normal. My class has 8 people in it-- all Americans. Most of them are from Texas, but there is a nice girl I sit next to who is from Ohio. It was kind of funny; we all felt like we were understanding what was going on, then she would give us directions for an exercise, and literally all of us were like "Oh... repetez" (which means repeat).
After class was lunch, which was actually very good. The portions were a little big, but that is something I can get used to. In the afternoon we took a tour of the city. It was ok, but since it was raining, everyone got pretty miserable pretty quick. We ended up breaking off from the group and going to a supermarket. There I bought bread. As I sit here sipping my water and munching my baguette, I wonder-- Would being a prisoner really be that bad? I mean if you were given stale tasting water and like bread with the crust cut off, then yea... but a possibility. As I leave here, I am off to write in my journal and to do some homework, hopefully being finished around 11:15. I do miss people at home, so that sucks. But the bread is really good.


Since I don't have the time to find a really cool link, here is a picture of  some losers from high school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment