Friday, June 29, 2012

28/6/12

Sorry I am writing this late. We had class the entire day... but it was sooo hot. Like just completely terrible. Towards the end of class, everyone was just like "done" so we sang a french song which was pretty super. Then the last ten minutes our prof was telling us things and I couldn't focus and just was sweating. So when she finished talking, I let out an exasperated "ahhh Je suis chaud" and she just burst out in laughter. I thought that it meant I am hot (it is actually j'ai chaud), but really it meant I am hot *wink wink*... It was funny, so I just went along with it and proceeded to say other funny things in french (ohh non, Je suis excité parce que je suis chaud. Je pense que a cause du temps... mais peut etre Stephanie. Je ne sais pas) Such a great way to end the day. 

After class, Rebecca and I went down to centre-ville for shopping. There were so many sales. I don't know why but it was good. I bought a bottle of pommeau and got to practice my French with actual French people. We went into a wine shop and the guy was very nice and helped up with our parlering a lot. 

We then met up with everyone at the maison d'etudiants for a little farewell soirée. It was a lot of fun just sitting and talking with people. We had people from Cincinnati, New York (us), Texas, Wisconsin, and Australia all just talking like we have been friends forever. I guess when you spend every day together for 3 straight weeks where you can literally only talk to the people you are with, you get close. I have made a lot of friends here and it is going to be sad leaving them. I finished the night by watching the game with a few people. It was a decent game, but I was sad that Germany lost (would have been a sick experience going there right after they won the Euro... too bad that won't happen now. Oh well). One day left in Caen! et puis, Paris!



Rory and mom, I expect that you two will like the first version. Erik and Mez are sure to get a kick out of the second one. Enjoy!

This is the song we sang.



Redone in 1989. Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment